- Annotations only work on tabs that have been opened after installing Memex
- After an update of Memex, currently open tabs need to be reloaded in order to make annotations.
We can't do anything about it at the moment. Its a limitation of your browsers.
How to use:
- Make sure your sidebar and tooltip is turned on. You find the switch by clicking on the small icon in the top right corner of your browser.
- Highlight any piece of text, and click on the icon.
- Add comment to it, and/or tags, and save the annotation
- You can't search the annotations yet via the overview interface or sidebar. Soon though!
- Annotating web based PDFs doesn't work yet.
- Highlighting text in multiple colors
- Searching and for annotations, comments and highlights, and filtering by tags, time, domain etc.
- Sharing of single annotations just like Memex.Links
- Sharing of many annotations as collections and with groups, and discussing them with others.
- Add custom fields to annotations
(Features and order subject to change with user requirements - Give your 2 cents here)